|Humanoid Robot TPinokio||
A more than 30 DoF mid-size bipedal robot, design for research and edutainment.
This website presents the work done in designing and building of a modular based mid-size bipedal humanoid robot, we name it TPinokio. Due to its modular form, the robot is able to be modeled as a multi-body point-mass system without considering the links inertia. This is a novelty approach to improve the kinematics and dynamic modeling, for test-bedding and simulation of control algorithms. The modular joint’s part are inter-changeable, as such, the robot is cost effective and is suitable for both education learning and engineering research.
· Compact modular joint design.
· Can be easily modeled as ‘multi-point-mass’ system.
· Robust mechanical structure for easy maintenance.
· Simple kinematics.
· Zero backlash, easy interface and user friendly GUI.
· Mid-size human-like robot for research and education.
· Passive toe joint to achieve smoother walking gait.
TPinokio WorldCup 2014
Humanoid robot world cup 2014 pose
Height : 1.6 meter
Weight : 58 kg
DOF : >38
Cost : < US$30k
Modular Joint Design
No messy cables. communication via single 5-cores cable.
Simplified model with MATLAB simulation